Northeast/North Central Nebraska’s most trusted, comprehensive, and timely news source
A spool a day
Over the hills In the east
Against the eastern sky
The empty picture frame still smelled like his workshop.
Autumn is a cold and
Lo! The forgotten continent awakes
Already, September has come
In the hayloft of the barn
Here's how to successfully submit your creative work for publication on The Literary Corner:
* Original poetry, prose and short fiction submissions are accepted. Short fiction submissions are limited to no more than 3,000 words.
* All submissions must be made as a Word document or pasted in the body of an email. Submissions must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Hand-written submissions will not be accepted.
* All content must be suitable for readers for all ages. The Daily News reserves the right to not publish submissions that are deemed unsuitable.
* A writer is restricted to no more than one submission per month.
* Submissions must be original work and property of the author.
* A writer must include his or her name, address and telephone number.
* A person submitting someone else’s work for publication must include written permission from the author to do so.
* Submissions are restricted to residents of Northeast and North Central Nebraska or those who previously lived here or have a connection to the area.
* Questions? Email your questions to email@example.com