According to NSAA Director Jay Bellar, "NPS couldn’t find a specific student or group of students who said the slur because there were too many stories of what happened." If you can't confirm it, WHY IS THE ENTIRE SCHOOL ON PROBATION FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR? If one teacher is accused of sexual assault, you don't put the entire staff on probation for the rest of the year. Other issues I have with how this ALLEGATION has been handled:
- IF YOU CAN'T CONFIRM AN ALLEGATION: Why are the findings not available to the public? (https://norfolkdailynews.com/news/nps-on-probation-after-nsaa-reports-findings-of-racial-slur-investigation/article_93371660-7845-11eb-9877-df164091eabf.html)
- IF YOU CAN'T CONFIRM AN ALLEGATION: Why did the NPS Board of Education voted unanimously not to appeal the NSAA’s decision during an executive session at Thursday’s noon meeting?
- IF YOU CAN'T CONFIRM AN ALLEGATION: In addition to an apology letter sent to the Omaha Public Schools Superintendent and Board of Education, an apology was also sent to the Omaha World Herald. Why wasn't this same information shared with Norfolk media outlets? (https://omaha.com/news/local/nsaa-places-norfolk-public-schools-on-probation-for-remainder-of-school-year/article_46f55bba-786b-11eb-b627-bb6c00390188.html)
- Why is a similar incident between Bellevue West and Creighton Prep being treated differently? (https://omaha.com/news/local/racial-slur-allegedly-directed-at-bellevue-wests-chucky-hepburn-during-creighton-prep-game/article_0e2fe4e6-6563-11eb-900d-b3b89d74515b.html)
- When a Bellevue West player called a Norfolk player "bitch" during a game earlier this season, why is there no public outcry or media coverage?
When asked to clarify the details of Norfolk High's probation, NPS officials could not provide specifics. Phone calls to the NSAA and Omaha World Herald have not been returned at the time of this article.