Legal Aid of Nebraska

OMAHA - Farmers and ranchers who have had any kind of damage or loss from the flood can get a quick $500.

Legal Aid of Nebraska Farm and Ranch Project has set up a rural response hotline and is providing disaster relief funds courtesy of Farm Aid and the Nebraska Farmers Union Foundation.

One of the responders, Michelle Soll says applying is a simple process that can be done over the phone.

"They have to be farmers or ranchers impacted by the flood and have suffered some loss. It doesn't have to be major loss, but they have to be affected. We'll only ask you a few questions, get your name and address, and ask what was lost."

Soll encourages you to apply right away before the funds run out.

You can apply by calling the Nebraska Rural Response Hotline at 1-800-464-0258.

In other news

LINCOLN - Civic groups across Nebraska are gearing up to organize their own outreach efforts for the upcoming 2020 census, after Gov. Pete Ricketts vetoed legislation last week that would have created a Nebraska Complete Count Committee charged with encouraging participation.