ST. JOSEPH, Mo. (AP) — A judge has ruled there was insufficient evidence to prove that a 15-year-old abandoned another teenager's body during a St. Joseph house fire.

The teenager was in juvenile court facing a charge of abandoning a corpse. The body of 14-year-old Cameron Satterley — who spent 12 years in Nebraska and has siblings in Bloomfield — was found in the house in April. The house had burned down in February.

Deputy juvenile officer Dan Sharp said the juvenile division could file a different charge against the boy after further investigation.

Two other minors, one 10 and the other 11, face charges of arson and abandoning a corpse in the case.

Satterley’s father confirmed that a body found in a burned northwest Missouri home in a case was that of his missing 14-year-old son.

The St. Joseph News-Press reported that Joshua Satterley said his son, Cameron Satterley, ran away in February. A nearby home burned just days later, but Cameron's body wasn't found until April.

Satterley said one of the boys told him "they were just playing around and that he tried to wake Cameron up." Satterley said he's not sure what happened.

Police haven't released the cause of death or other details.

In other news

A town hall event about community solar power next week in Norfolk will feature Brian Newton, city administrator of Fremont.

The Nucor Detailing Center received the Outstanding Business Partnership Award as an Excellence in Career Education Award recipient at the annual Nebraska Excellence in Career and Technical Education Awards earlier this month in Kearney.

A grand jury will be convened next week in Madison County to investigate the circumstances surrounding the June 9 death of Cory Dittman of Norfolk.

The Nebraska Department of Transportation will host four meetings yet this month — three of them in Northeast and North Central Nebraska — to update the public on its recovery efforts.