No injuries or damage were reported after the Norfolk Fire Division responded to the report of a chimney on fire on Saturday.

A press release from the fire division said fire personnel were dispatched to 309 N. 10th St. at 6:34 p.m. Saturday after they were alerted to flames coming from the chimney at the residence.

Upon arriving, firefighters saw moderate smoke and embers coming from the top of the chimney. Crews encountered a fire burning in the fireplace but found no smoke inside upon entry.

It took about 18 firefighters about 10 minutes to extinguish the fire and another half-hour to make sure the fire hadn’t spread to other parts of the structure.

The cause of the fire was from a fire in the fireplace that ignited build-up in the flue, releasing smoke and embers from the top of the chimney.

The property sustained no damage to the contents or structure, but personnel with the fire department reminded citizens to clean their chimney each year before burning during the winter season.

The fire division was assisted by the Norfolk Police Division, Black Hills Energy and Nebraska Public Power District.